Ben je op zoek naar een formele motivatiebrief in het Engels? Het schrijven van een ‘Letter of Application’ is onder te verdelen in vier verschillende paragrafen. Lees in dit artikel over welke paragrafen het gaat en bekijk de layout in een voorbeeld motivatiebrief in het Engels. Scroll naar beneden voor het voorbeeld.
Een formele motivatiebrief in het Engels bestaat uit vier paragrafen:
1. Bevestig dat je wilt solliciteren op de vacature en via welk kanaal je over de functie hebt gehoord:
- With reference to your advertisement in (name printed publication) of (date), I would like to apply for the post / position of (…)
- I am writing in reply to your advertisement in (name printed publication) of (date) for a (…)
- I have seen your advertisement for a (…) in (name printed publication) of (date) and I am interested in the position
- I have seen your advertisement for a (…) on (website) and I am interested in the position
2. Leg uit waarom je geïnteresseerd bent in de positie en verbind jouw interesse met het bedrijf:
- I would particularly welcome the chance to work for your company as (reasons)
- What appeals to me in the advertised position is …
- I have gained sufficient experience in … to be able to …
- My reason for applying for this job is that …
- My reason for looking for a change is the better opportunities offered by a large company like yours.
3. Laat weten hoe je kan bijdragen in de functie door jouw skills en ervaring te benadrukken.
- My work experience has familiarised me with many of the challenges involved in …
- In my capacity of … I have learned a great deal about the processes related to …
- I am familiar with … . This may be an added advantage for this position.
- This has increased my knowledge of … considerably
- My qualifications in the field of … should provide a solid basis for …
- … is considered one of my strong points.
4. Verwijs naar je CV in de bijlage en geef aan dat je het verder wilt toelichten in een persoonlijk gesprek.
- For further information about education, job experience and references I enclose my curriculum vitae and hope you will give me the opportunity to enlarge on this application in a personal interview.
- I would appreciate an opportunity to discuss my application with you.
- I will be happy to give more detailed information in a personal interview.
Motivatiebrief Engels voorbeeld
Nieuwe Voorgracht 898
1018 FD Amsterdam
25 April 2018
Ms Jane Brown
129 Hanover Square
London WC5 JH7
England / Great Britain / United Kingdom / UK
Dear Ms Brown or Dear Mr Smith
I am writing to you to show my interest and motivation for the following vacancy, ‘……….’. I am highly motivated to do an international internship. After reading this opportunity at the ‘……’ I knew immediately that this would be something for me.
After I graduated from Secondary School I felt an urge to go abroad. I travelled to ‘destination’ and followed ‘courses’ at ‘university’. After this ‘period’, I continued a five month ‘internship’ at ‘company‘ in ‘destination’. Before and after my abroad experience I had many different jobs. Currently, I am studying ‘University Program’ in ‘city’. Besides my study I work at a local store called ‘name’ which is located in ‘city’.
From my past experience and close friends, I am known as a person with Dutch pragmatism and a proactive attitude. I have sufficient communication skills both written and oral in various languages. I am a fast learning person and highly motivated. I believe that these characteristics suit the offered vacancy.
I was very delighted to find the opportunity to spend one semester learning the practical aspects of ‘….’. Having looked through the tasks of ‘….’ I have decided to apply for this vacancy because I am sure it would strongly enrich my future prospects as well as being an asset to the company.
I would be very pleased to be invited for an interview to talk about this opportunity and to tell you more about myself and my ambitions. Thank you for considering my application. I look forward hearing from you.